4. Apply themes to an eSignatures environment
Once a theme has been created, it must be applied for eSignatures to have a rebranded look.
Themes can be applied on different levels:
- Environment level
- Document groups level
- Package level
When you apply a theme on environment level, the entire eSignatures environment will have the same look and feel. Every user and signer will see the same interface.
To apply a theme on environment level:
- Access the Configuration Index. To do so, you need administrator rights. If you don’t have credentials yet, or don’t know them, contact your system administrator or Connective.
- Go to Configuration > Customization Settings.
- Click the drop-down list next to Theme and select one of the available themes.
Document groups level
You can also choose to apply a different theme per document group. This way, all documents that are uploaded to one document group, say Sales for instance, will have their own WYSIWYS look, while others belonging to HR Documents will have a different one.
To apply a theme on document group level:
- Log in to eSignatures as administrator, with access to the User Management section.
- Click the settings icon and click User Management.
- Click the Document groups tab.
- Click Edit next to the Document to which you want to apply a custom theme.
Click the Themes tab.
Move the required theme(s) to the column “Themes in the Document Group”.
Note: if you were using a custom theme in a previous version of eSignatures, the custom theme will be applied to each document group automatically.
- Click Save.
Note: when you place a single theme in the right-hand column, each package uploaded to that document group will use the same theme. If you place multiple themes in the right-hand column, initiators will be able to decide on package level which theme to apply. This way, different packages uploaded to the same document group may use different themes.
To apply a different theme on package level, multiple themes must be available in the Themes in the Document Group column as described above.
To apply a different theme on package level:
- Upload your package
- In step 1 of the upload process, select the required Document group.
- Beneath the selected document group, select one of the available themes to apply.
- Proceed with the upload as usual. The new theme will be used in the document.
Important: if an administrator edits or deletes a theme that’s already used in a package, the changes will not be reflected. The existing theme will still be used as such.